Index of tips
TIPS & GUIDELINES: What clients need to know ▽
- Maps and technical drawings. MetaGlyfix can transform sketches, paste-ups, edited originals, or ideas into polished illustrations such as maps, charts, technical drawings, illustrated tables, hybrids — indeed, anything that a scholar can imagine and describe. These guidelines help the author/client get to the desired finished product more efficiently.
- Submitting manuscripts and illustrations. General reference for authors and editors of extended texts intended for publication — articles, monographs, books, etc. — and essential guide for efficient and accurate production to avoid delays and extra costs. Guidelines cover preparation of printed copy and electronic files, including text, notes, and illustrations (figures, photographs, drawings, maps, charts, graphs, etc.).
- Scanning originals or drawing anew? Determine when it is better to scan an original map or drawing and when it is better to draw a new one drawn
- Illustrations for print publication. Preparing and submitting existing source images (digital or tangible) as illustrative material, including essential requirements regarding dimensions, resolution, and format of digital source images.
Specialized guidelines below offer more detailed aspects of preparing and submitting manuscripts and illustrations:
- Photographs (continuous tone images) for print publication — digital photos (such as TIFFs or JPEGs) from digital cameras or scanner, or conventional prints, negatives, or transparencies
- Art other than photographs for print publication — charts, technical drawings, maps, sketches, cartoons and caricatures, other art work, previously printed material (e.g., music), clippings, hand-written or type-written letters — anything other than photographs that must be presented as is
The manuscript submission guidelines and all the specialized guidelines above are continually updated as printing and production technologies evolve. Authors and editors are urged to review them each time a manuscript, with or without illustrations, is being prepared for submission.
Last updated 08 April 2014 (Tuesday) at 09:20:28 MDT △